Wireless (ath5k) problem kernel-2.6.24-2.fc9

Joachim Frieben joachim.frieben at googlemail.com
Sun Jan 27 00:09:33 UTC 2008

On Jan 26, 2008 9:13 PM, Steven I Usdansky <usdanskys at rocketmail.com> wrote:

> ~# modprobe ath5k
> FATAL: Error inserting ath5k
> (/lib/modules/2.6.24-2.fc9/kernel/drivers/net/wireless/ath5k/ath5k.ko):
> Unknown symbol in module, or unknown parameter (see dmesg)

Here, everythings works as expected. I can load the module and play around
with my WLAN adapter up to the point of scanning for nearby APs which fails
because of missing support for my very hardware. Sounds like you're dragging
along some custom parameters from a prior madwifi setup. It's certainly not
the kernel's fault.