Bug Triage: Call for Action (and a meeting)

Christopher Brown snecklifter at gmail.com
Sun Jul 6 23:32:11 UTC 2008

2008/7/2 John Poelstra <poelstra at redhat.com>:
> Christopher Brown said the following on 07/01/2008 01:40 AM Pacific Time:
>>
>> 2008/7/1 Brennan Ashton <bashton at brennanashton.com>:
>>>
>>> I think the issue with evenings is timezone. if we say 5:30 PDT that is
>>> 8:30 EST and the people in the middle are being pulled away from there
>>> computers to eat dinner with there other family. That is what the matrix
>>> will show.
>>
>> There is no easy answer to this. I appreciate things can get very
>> U.S.-centric but please don't forget that there is an entire planet's
>> time zones to take into account. This must be the case if a more
>> global effort is to be considered.
>
> Agreed. https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/BugZappers/Meetings/Scheduler is in
> UTC and includes all times :)
>
> So far it looks like 1400 UTC is the sweet spot.  Would that work for you
> Chris?

Regrettably no, at least, not on weekdays. Sad to say my triage
involvement (as you may have noticed) has decreased drastically from
previous levels due to life commitments. That said, please do email me
with upcoming meetings as I may be able to take part to some extent as
I greatly enjoyed harassing kernel bods for a few months!

>> I think its also the case that people lead busy lives and simply
>> forget. If SIGS are to have meetings then they should consider
>> creating a calendar to subscribe to, make that stand out on the main
>> $SIG page and also consider some kind of reminder email system ???
>>
>> Regards
>>

> As an interim solution what if I sent direct emails to people who wanted
> reminders?

I would appreciate this, perhaps an hour prior to the event???

Regards

--
Christopher Brown

http://www.chruz.com