Rawhide Kernels won't boot in KVM?

Clyde E. Kunkel clydekunkel7734 at cox.net
Mon Jun 2 21:36:06 UTC 2008

Clyde E. Kunkel wrote:
> I created a virtual machine using current rawhide tools and the Fedora 9
> final DVD.  Worked like a charm.
>
> Then updated the Fedora 9 virtual machine to current rawhide and the
> kernel (2.6.26-0.45.rc4.git2.fc10.i686) just hangs after msg Booting
> Kernel.
>
> Is this expected?
>
> My first attempt to use vm in any form, suggestions for troubleshooting
> very welcome.
>
> virsh # list
>  Id Name                 State
> ----------------------------------
>   9 try2                 running
>
> virsh # version
> Compiled against library: libvir 0.4.2
> Using library: libvir 0.4.2
> Using API: QEMU 0.4.2
> Running hypervisor: QEMU 0.9.1

OK, "moved" the rawhide guests and config files to a fedora9
installation on same machine and now the rawhide guest boots the current
rawhide kernel.  So, I guess there is a problem in rawhide, but since
fedora 9 final (updated current):

virsh # version
Compiled against library: libvir 0.4.2
Using library: libvir 0.4.2
Using API: QEMU 0.4.2
Running hypervisor: QEMU 0.9.1

is identical to rawhide as shown above, what component should the bz
point to?