kernel-devel and shutdown missing

Jim Cornette fct-cornette at wowway.com
Fri Jun 27 02:31:12 UTC 2008

I read the list regarding the kernel-devel problem but wanted to add
that when I attempt to install the package it causes my system to lockup
when the next command is entered either in runlevel 1 or in runlevel 5.

The shutdown choice is still missing from GNOME to shut down the system.

Seamonkey does not save files. It does however put items in /tmp
successfully which can be moved if the browser is not closed down before
moving the files.

The other aspects of the system are working fine. The booting process
seems to be cleaner looking in appearance and hopefully loading programs
correctly for proper operation.

Jim

--
It has long been known that one horse can run faster than another --
but which one?  Differences are crucial.