newer x86_64 libdrm blocks wine install

Jerry Amundson jamundso at gmail.com
Mon Jun 30 16:12:45 UTC 2008

On Mon, Jun 30, 2008 at 10:35 AM, Alexander Todorov <atodorov at redhat.com> wrote:

> Jerry Amundson wrote:
> | Error: Missing Dependency: device-mapper-libs = 1.02.26-1.fc10 is
> | needed by package device-mapper-1.02.26-1.fc10.x86_64 (installed)
> | ... but this system somehow had two versions,
>
> hmmm, I for some reason ended up with 2 versions of some package (gnome-libs
> or
> similar) when updating stock F9 install last week. I was doing other
> install/remove actions and didn't pay much attention at that time.

That's the history of my system too - stock F9 to rawhide.
Is the existence of dual versions indicative of other issues, or just
a normal result of the state of rawhide at the time?
If the latter, in what state would we expect this to not happen? F10
Release of course, but sometime sooner?

jerry

--
Add humorous words of wisdom here.