Kernel + Selinux + Udev + selinux=0

Johann B. Gudmundsson johannbg at hi.is
Mon Mar 3 23:06:52 UTC 2008

Anyone else noticing this...

The kernels get stuck at UDEV loading...

kernel-2.6.25-0.82.rc3.git2.fc9.i686
kernel-2.6.25-0.73.rc3.git1.fc9.i686

Have selinux disabled in /etc/selinux/config...
and the kernel get stuck at UDEV

But if I pass the selinux=0 kernel parameter
to the kernel(s) they load just fine..

Best regards.
                     Johann B.

PS. the radeon driver sorta works now for [ Mobility Radeon X300]
       had to switch to vesa driver with the previous version to get into X
        It does not offer correct resolution for my screen though
       ( Dell inspiron 6000/Dell 1600x1200/Driver/Display only offers/
1680x1050 )
       xorg-x11-drv-ati-6.8.0-3.fc9.i386