/root encryption is still broken

Bruno Wolff III bruno at wolff.to
Wed Mar 5 22:13:35 UTC 2008

On Thu, Feb 28, 2008 at 12:17:27 -0500,
  Will Woods <wwoods at redhat.com> wrote:

> It's bug 435228.
>
> Encryption doesn't make a difference - it's mkinitrd + LVM partitions
> listed as "LABEL=" or "UUID=". You can work around this by editing /
> etc/fstab to use device names (e.g. /dev/VolGroup00/LogVol00) and re-
> creating the initrd.
>
> See http://wwoods.fedorapeople.org/rawhide.html for more rawhide
> status info.

I was able to do an encrypted install today and successfully boot.
The install iso was broken, but as suggested (by Jeremy I think) I was
able to use the vmlinuz and initrd.img files and changed an existing
grub.conf to point to them.
There were some other new odd things but they weren't specifically related to
this. Tomorrow I'll trying doing a more complicated case (encryption over
raid) and if that works, probably end up just updating that (rather than
reinstalling) until F9 is released.