Samba

Antonio M antonio.montagnani at gmail.com
Fri Mar 7 08:36:06 UTC 2008

2008/3/6, Wes Shull <wes.shull at gmail.com>:
> On Thu, Mar 6, 2008 at 11:07 AM, Antonio M <antonio.montagnani at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> > why do I find the following lines in var/log/samba/log.smbd???
> >
> > [2008/03/06 18:54:49,  0]
> auth/token_util.c:create_builtin_administrators(245)
> >  create_builtin_administrators: Failed to create Administrators
> > [etc.]
>
> Hmm, I just looked this up last night myself...  According to this message,
> it's not new, not a sign of a problem (in the context described anyway), and
> I guess was supposed to be fixed:
>
> http://lists.samba.org/archive/samba/2006-September/125552.html
>
> > what changed since yesterday???
>
> FWIW, I was seeing it on 3.2pre1 as well.  (I'm using idmap_rid backend for
> winbind, security = ads, against a non-SFU Win2k Server DC)  Are you sure
> you weren't seeing it before?  (Check you /var/log/samba/log.smbd)  What's
> the rest of your samba config like?
>
> > and
> > when click on the Network icon of Windows network I get Impossible to
>  > mount position Failed to initialize smb context
>
> No idea there, the 3.2pre series has been working fine for me.  (on FC8,
> I've been grabbing the rawhide SRPMs and rebuilding)
>
> --wes
>
> --

I connected my laptop to my mixed network office (F8, Windows,
Rawhide) and I get same messages.
It was working two days ago, it was enough to issue a smb:/// in a
Nautilus window after Crtl+L.

This is my samba.conf file on my laptop, that is similar to other
samba.conf files on my networks.

and both my rawhide systems have similar behaviour........

[global]
	workgroup = workgroup
	log file = /var/log/samba/log.%m
;	os level = 20
;	load printers = yes
	cups options = raw
	server string = Samba Server Version %v
	security = user
	passdb backend = tdbsam
	max log size = 50
	username map = /etc/samba/smbusers
#============================ Share Definitions ==============================

[homes]
	comment = Home Directories
;	browseable = yes
	writeable = yes
;    valid users = %S
;    valid users = MYDOMAIN\%S

[printers]
	comment = All Printers
	path = /var/spool/samba
	browseable = no
;	guest ok = no
;	writeable = No
	printable = yes

# Un-comment the following and create the netlogon directory for Domain Logons
;    [netlogon]
;    comment = Network Logon Service
;    path = /var/lib/samba/netlogon
;    guest ok = yes
;    writable = no
;    share modes = no

# Un-comment the following to provide a specific roving profile share
# the default is to use the user's home directory
;    [Profiles]
;    path = /var/lib/samba/profiles
;    browseable = no
;    guest ok = yes

# A publicly accessible directory, but read only, except for people in
# the "staff" group
[public]
	comment = Public Stuff
	path = /home/antonio/Musica