Install count inconsistent

Bruno Wolff III bruno at wolff.to
Sat Mar 8 01:34:28 UTC 2008

On Fri, Mar 07, 2008 at 18:24:58 -0500,
  seth vidal <skvidal at fedoraproject.org> wrote:

> On Fri, 2008-03-07 at 17:04 -0600, Bruno Wolff III wrote:
> > While doing an install of today's rawhide I ended up having 4929 out of 4927
> > packages installed. It isn't a big deal, but does seem odd.
> >

> Did you install using anaconda or was this an upgrade via yum?

It was an anaconda install I got into by having grub point to a copy
of vmlinuz and initrd.img from the isolinux directory (because netinst.iso
was broken today) on x86_64. It was a graphic install with a custom
file system layout and "customize now". I was anxiously waiting for it
to finish so I was a bit surprised when it kept going after reaching 4927.
One of the last two things had "emacs" in its name.
The boot failed afterwards, but I think that was due to a mkinitrd regression.