Repost: bug report: the other side

Jesse Keating jkeating at redhat.com
Mon Mar 10 16:54:21 UTC 2008

On Mon, 2008-03-10 at 11:47 -0400, Jon Stanley wrote:
> Hmm, I can't seem to get the help that's supposedly available :).
> I've just used the source to learn how to use it, requires a minimal
> understanding of python...
>
>     elif action == 'info':
>         p.add_option('-p','--products',action='store_true',
>                 help='Get a list of products')
>         p.add_option('-c','--components',metavar="PRODUCT",
>                 help='List the components in the given product')
>         p.add_option('-o','--component_owners',metavar="PRODUCT",
>                 help='List components (and their owners)')
>         p.add_option('-v','--versions',metavar="PRODUCT",
>                 help='List the versions for the given product')

Each subcommand takes --help as an option:

$ bugzilla --help
Usage: bugzilla [global options] COMMAND [options]
Commands: info, query, new, modify

$ bugzilla info --help
Usage: bugzilla info [options]

  -h, --help            show this help message and exit
  -p, --products        Get a list of products
  -c PRODUCT, --components=PRODUCT
                        List the components in the given product
  -o PRODUCT, --component_owners=PRODUCT
                        List components (and their owners)