Continuing the saga: F9alpha AMD-64 HP DC7700 SFF switch_root: no filesystems

John Summerfield debian at herakles.homelinux.org
Wed Mar 12 22:27:33 UTC 2008

Michal Jaegermann wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 13, 2008 at 02:48:31AM +0900, John Summerfield wrote:
>> Michal Jaegermann wrote:
>>> On Wed, Mar 12, 2008 at 01:40:42AM -0400, Will Woods wrote:
>>> 2.6.25-0.90.rc3.git5.fc9 which John added to bugzilla, you have
>>>
>>> ata1: SATA link down (SStatus 221 SControl 300)

>> _I_ think it is. The initrd _does_ load, it's loaded by grub using BIOS
>> calls.
>
> OK.  Still you will have a hard time switching / to something
> which is not visible to your kernel.

I think that too,

> I forgot, but did you try if 'irqpoll' makes a difference?
> What about 'acpi=off'?  Not that you would really want to run
> that way on a modern hardware but just for a check.
No, I didn't, but hopefully I'll be trying some booting in an hour or
two, there's another 400 Mbytes or so to apply (which I mignt ignore for
a while).

In unpacking the 2.5 source I find it's based off .24 and that there are
two patches that touch the code I think's broken. I'm trying to build
w/o them, but my first effort died with unpackaged files.