wish list

Arne Chr. Jorgensen achrisjo at yahoo.com
Sat Mar 15 03:38:16 UTC 2008

John Poelstra <poelstra at redhat.com> wrote:

> Hi Arne,
>
>  Welcome to Fedora.

Thank you John. I choose to interpret your words with the meaning as of
a "new/fresh" start ;)

Did cling to the list as holding on to a life-line, and would
not click "unscribe". Shocking to discover that this is a normal email-list.
Feared I would miss out on some important piece that would "restore" things
back normal. It may have been a life-line, and the important piece was Michaels
email. Socially withdrawn, no light in the tunnel. Words don't cover it.
It's like coming out of a flat spin, gyro and compass stop spinning...

> One of your other posts was about testing rawhide... why not set some
> short term goals like getting a stable setup working on Fedora 8 where
> you can do IRC, update your box and do all the basics? The
> fedora-list at redhat.com focuses on these kind of topics.

yes, - ground control says "basics" ;)

> You might consider just reading the mailing lists for a while and
> watching what goes on to get the pulse of how things work. You have a
> lot of good ideas, and who knows maybe some of them will be adopted :)

Seem like a good advice. Cannot say ideas have been good/bad. But I will
include something in another post.

I did cut this short. Find your other words sound too.

Thanks,

//ARNE

Sorry about what took place, and cannot quite explain it.