F9 Beta testing resaults :)

Adam Jackson ajackson at redhat.com
Wed Mar 26 23:39:15 UTC 2008

On Wed, 2008-03-26 at 14:58 +0000, "Jóhann B. Guðmundsson" wrote:

> Touchpad ( mouse ) SLOW!
> ( Matter of opinion I like it as fast as possible )

Actually also a bug, if you have an ALPS touchpad.  Hopefully fixed in
tomorrow's synaptics package.

> Touchpad (mouse) faster than during the installation process.
> This is more like what I would call medium mouse speed.
>
> Incorrectly detected keyboard layout
> 101 instead of 105 maybe.
> ( some keys just did not work some Icelandic characters present ).

I should probably flip the keyboard model default to pc105, it's
harmless on pc101 keyboards.

> Layout only shows and defaults to USA in stead of
> Icelandic and default to Icelandic only!!!!!
>
> Is the keyboard layout chosen in anaconda even being used???

No, keyboard config is under some minor churn atm.  Known bug though,
fix coming soon.

> After making the above changes  keyboard and keyboard layout
> work as they should ( tested in gnome terminal and gedit )
>
> System --> Administration --> Display
> Shows Resolution 1680x1050 instead of 1600x1200 !
> ( 1600x1200 not even an option )

Classy.  What output do you get from 'xrandr -q' ?

- ajax