libgomp

Jakub Jelinek jakub at redhat.com
Thu Mar 27 18:18:40 UTC 2008

On Thu, Mar 27, 2008 at 12:10:41PM -0600, Kevin DeKorte wrote:
> I had this error today when I was doing a make dist on my code.
>
> msgmerge: symbol lookup error: /usr/lib/libgomp.so.1: undefined symbol:
> __sync_bool_compare_and_swap_4

I'm aware of this and (hopefully) fixed gcc 4.3.0-5 is building ATM in koji.
See http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc-patches/2008-03/msg01668.html
(additionally 4.3.0-5+ i386 libgomp will be actually i486+ CPU only to make it
efficient - glibc doesn't support pre-i486 CPUs anyway).

> rpm -qf /usr/lib/libgomp.so.1
> libgomp-4.3.0-4.i386
>
> So I tried to open a bugzilla on it, but I didn't find libgomp as
> package I could file a bug against.

The bugzilla component is always for the source package.  So you do
rpm -q --qf '%{sourcerpm}\n' libgomp
or
rpm -q --qf '%{sourcerpm}\n' -f /usr/lib/libgomp.so.1
and determine the right bugzilla component from what that prints.
No need to file a bug about this though.

	Jakub