Some things to focus testing on for F9Beta

Rahul Sundaram sundaram at fedoraproject.org
Fri Mar 28 02:56:16 UTC 2008

John Summerfield wrote:

> Richard mentioned a specific example where the package didn't seem to
> have had even a rudimentary test, and I thought you were defending the
> packager.

Then you thought wrong. I was explaining the general scenario. Not a
specific instance. The specific instance doesn't fail any rudimentary
test anyway IMO. It installs, removes and updates packages just fine.
Sure, there are UI bugs and I have been filing them one by one.
Remember, we are talking about rawhide, the development version of Fedora.

>> Of course there are many. One example would be
>>
>> https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-announce-list/2008-March/msg00010.html
>

> That's _after_ it's released to users. Richard's example was one that
> should not have gone that far.

Packages in the development, updates-testing repository can be tested
and feedback provided which determines whether it goes released or not
to general users.

Rahul