Re: Booting F9beta KDE live image from USB: hangs at "starting auditd"

On 28/03/2008, Mary Ellen Foster <foster in tum de> wrote:
> The stick boots successfully on my desktop machine, but the
>  startup always seems to hang at "starting auditd". I've left it for
>  several minutes at a time and it doesn't get anywhere.
>
>  I'm about to try the non-KDE image to see if it makes a difference.
>  Anyone else seeing this, or am I alone?

False alarm -- turns out this was due to incipient hardware failure in
my USB stick. Nothing to see here, move along ...

MEF

--
Mary Ellen Foster  --  http://homepages.inf.ed.ac.uk/mef/
Informatik 6: Robotics and Embedded Systems, Technische Universit√§t M√ľnchen