Strange things happening

Antonio M antonio.montagnani at gmail.com
Sun Mar 30 08:24:31 UTC 2008

2008/3/30, Peter Gordon <peter at thecodergeek.com>:
> On Sat, 2008-03-29 at 22:25 +0100, Antonio M wrote:
>  > 1) oowriter and oocalc don't start any more (and also System-config-display)
>

> Unfortunately, just stating that it doesn't work is not enough to be
>  helped.
>
>  What is wrong with it specifically? Does it not show the start-up splash
>  screen, or does it crash afterward? If you try running it from a
>  terminal when it fails, is there any erroneous or suspicious output?
>  Does it automatically start its crash-detection thing?
>
>  The more details you can give us with this issue, the more we can help
>  you solve and overcome it. =)
>
> --
>  Peter Gordon (codergeek42)
>  GnuPG Public Key ID: 0xFFC19479 / Fingerprint:
>   DD68 A414 56BD 6368 D957 9666 4268 CB7A FFC1 9479
>

> --

If I click from the menu I see the small icon on the application bar
(Openoffice start) but after awhile it disappears and nothing happens.

If I digit oocalc (or oowriter) from a terminal nothing happens and it
returns to >

I guess that I am not alone on this boat if openoffice has been updated.
Running nouveau graphic driver

--
Antonio Montagnani
Skype : antoniomontag