preupdate won't update

shmuel siegel fedora at shmuelhome.mine.nu
Thu May 1 05:30:13 UTC 2008

seth vidal wrote:
> On Thu, 2008-05-01 at 07:33 +0300, shmuel siegel wrote:
>
>> seth vidal wrote:

>>> What version of preupgrade did you use?
>>>
>>> -sv
>>>

>> The original, from when it was first announced.
>>

> Ah, okay. That might just be a bug we fixed then - it could also have
> been a flaky rawhide mirror. Try 0.9.2 from koji and see if it makes it
> work more properly.
>
> Also go into /var/cache/yum/anaconda-upgrade/ if see a comps.xml or a
> groups.xml.gz or anything like that, remove it, just in case it is bogus
> or broken in some way.
>
> -sv

I tried updating to the version in fedora-testing. Didn't work. I then
removed the suggested files, still didn't work. The only symptom that I
can mention is that the dialog that connects to Fedora only goes to 40%
before it disappears. I have no idea if the connection was successful.

This is all of the time I have for now. will get back to this later.