Andrew Farris lordmorgul at gmail.com
Thu May 1 09:07:53 UTC 2008

Andrew Farris wrote:
> Rahul Sundaram wrote:
>> Rodd Clarkson wrote:
>>> Anyone else have problems with this link?
>>>
>>> WARNING: it makes my copy of Firefox (f9-preview) very slow and
>>> unresponsive)
>>>
>>> http://art.gnome.org/download/backgrounds/abstract/3643/ABSTRACT-Fretstak_scalable.svg
>>>

>>> If you do, then I'll file a bug (where?)
>>
>> Confirmed. http://bugzilla.mozilla.org or http://bugzilla.redhat.com
>> against Firefox.
>
> Yes I see it too.  It looks like I'm only seeing part of the image
> though, once I download it to desktop and open with an image viewer and
> compare that to what is showing up in the firefox window.  FF may be
> having a tough time trying to auto-scale the image down to window size
> from its 1680 pixel width.

Also, the whole firefox application is not becoming unresponsive for me.. only
the window or tab which is trying to display this image is unresponsive.  I can
still browse just fine in other windows or tabs, and I can switch back and forth
from this one which is showing nothing.

As soon as I try to close it, then the image is displayed very quickly as the
window closes (I just get a glimpse of it).

  gpg 0x8300BF29 fingerprint 071D FFE0 4CBC 13FC 7DEB  5BD5 5F89 8E1B 8300 BF29