Bogus service startup/shutdown messages

Dennis Jacobfeuerborn d.jacobfeuerborn at conversis.de
Thu May 1 23:32:42 UTC 2008

When I boot into runlevel 3, log in and then enter "init 5" I get the
following output:

Calling the system activity data collector (sadc):
Starting irqbalance:
Fuse filesystem already available.
Fuse control filesystem already available.
Mounting other filesystems:                                [  OK  ]
error: sg_persist not found
Registering binary handler for qemu applications
Starting jexec servicesStarting anacron:                   [  OK  ]

I'm wondering why this happens as most of these services are defined to run
in level 3-5 so they don't need to be started here. I checked the
config/symlinks using irqbalance as an example:

[root at nexus ~]# chkconfig --list irqbalance
irqbalance     	0:off	1:off	2:on	3:on	4:on	5:on	6:off
[root at nexus ~]# find /etc/rc.d/ -iname "*irq*"|sort
/etc/rc.d/init.d/irqbalance
/etc/rc.d/rc0.d/K87irqbalance
/etc/rc.d/rc1.d/K87irqbalance
/etc/rc.d/rc2.d/S13irqbalance
/etc/rc.d/rc3.d/S13irqbalance
/etc/rc.d/rc4.d/S13irqbalance
/etc/rc.d/rc5.d/S13irqbalance
/etc/rc.d/rc6.d/K87irqbalance

How can I get rid of these superfluous service starts?

Regards,
   Dennis