superuser console?

John Summerfield debian at herakles.homelinux.org
Fri May 2 04:52:11 UTC 2008

Alain PORTAL wrote:

>>> Should I have to build my Linux from scratch to get an old behaviour?
>> Be our guest:-)
>>
>> Might be easier to switch to Debian, Ubuntu or OpenSUSE. If you want to
>> build your own, try gentoo.
>
> Bravo! Everybody applauds. And I'm sure you think you're smart

Nah, just pointing out how much we care what distro you use. I've tried
all I named, regularly use several (plus variants) of them. It's quite
unimportant, really.

There is a real point to my suggestion of Gentoo though; probably if you
set out to build your own you will need some hand-holding, and Gentoo
has a more-or-less reproducible procedure to follow.

--

Cheers
John

-- spambait