There is something wrong with firefox

David Timms dtimms at iinet.net.au
Sat May 3 00:55:21 UTC 2008

Antonio Olivares wrote:
> Using firefox the CPU hovers above 90 everywhere.  I

> What is happening?
>
> [olivares at localhost ~]$ killall -9 /usr/bin/firefox
> /usr/bin/firefox: no process killed
> [olivares at localhost ~]$ rpm -qa firefox
> firefox-3.0-0.60.beta5.fc9.i386

This might be due to updating firefox or it's components while firefox
is running. Check /var/log/yum*.logs to see when it changed to this
version, and uptime to see when you last booted. For me it has
previously been enough to exit firefox, so I;m not that sure.

Why do you have 7 copies of gkrellm running - they will create for CPU use ?