pulseaudio group pulse-rt

Neal Becker ndbecker2 at gmail.com
Sat May 3 21:40:33 UTC 2008

I see these messages:

May  3 17:30:33 nbecker1 pulseaudio[31536]: main.c: Called SUID root and
real-time/high-priority scheduling was requested in the configuration.
However, we lack the necessary priviliges:
May  3 17:30:33 nbecker1 pulseaudio[31536]: main.c: We are not in
group 'pulse-rt' and PolicyKit refuse to grant us priviliges. Dropping SUID
again.
May  3 17:30:33 nbecker1 pulseaudio[31536]: main.c: For enabling real-time
scheduling please acquire the appropriate PolicyKit priviliges, or become a
member of 'pulse-rt', or increase the RLIMIT_NICE/RLIMIT_RTPRIO resource
limits for this user.

But I AM in pulse-rt group.  Seems strange.  Either it's broken, or perhaps
this message was posted when I was not logged in?  (Doesn't say what user
it's complaining about, but I'm the only account on this machine)