pulseaudio group pulse-rt

Andrew Farris lordmorgul at gmail.com
Sat May 3 23:12:31 UTC 2008

Neal Becker wrote:
> Andrew Farris wrote:
>> Use the authorizations tool in system->preferences->system to set yourself
>> as
>> authorized by policykit for realtime pulseaudio.  That should then take
>> care of it I think, and you might be right its not really running under
>> your user at the time (not positive about that).
>>

> Did that.  I don't think it works though.  I no longer get the message from
> policykit, but i still get:
> May  3 18:36:44 nbecker1 pulseaudio[2955]: main.c: setrlimit(RLIMIT_NICE,
> (31, 31)) failed: Operation not permitted
> May  3 18:36:44 nbecker1 pulseaudio[2955]: main.c: setrlimit(RLIMIT_RTPRIO,
> (9, 9)) failed: Operation not permitted

Might want to search bugzilla for that, I haven't tried using realtime pulse and
not sure if thats normal or broken.  I'd say file it if you can't find those
messages anywhere in bz.  I know I've seen them on my system but I haven't
authorized it to try using realtime either.

  gpg 0x8300BF29 fingerprint 071D FFE0 4CBC 13FC 7DEB  5BD5 5F89 8E1B 8300 BF29