Network interface won't come up on reboot

Marcus Leech mleech at nortel.com
Mon May 5 17:46:16 UTC 2008

cornel panceac wrote:

> chkconfig --list | grep network

I'll try that later when I get back to my F9 machine (here at work, I
only have F8 and RHEL), and report
  on success/fail.

This is an annoying problem, since the target machine is intended to
live unattended in the "server cupboard"
  in my home office.  Grrr.

If "networking" needs to be explicitly turned on in this release (after
Anaconda has been told to configure a
  static interface, etc), then it fails to follow the principles of
least astonishment, IMNSHO.

--
Marcus Leech                            Mail:   Dept 1A12, M/S: 04352P16
Security Standards Advisor        Phone: (ESN) 393-9145  +1 613 763 9145
Nortel Networks                          mleech at nortel.com