GDM Greeter

Michal Jaegermann michal at harddata.com
Wed May 7 22:33:04 UTC 2008

On Wed, May 07, 2008 at 06:14:41PM -0400, David Boles wrote:

> As I recall, and I could be wrong, this is a complete rewrite. And it is
> part of the current 'new' GNOME. And the 'old one' would not work well or
> at all.

Oh, really?  Curiously enough it works pretty well for me.
At this moment even gdm _binaries_ from F8 actually work.

> All of this was announced and discussed and no one on the
> development list objected.

Filing bug reports is not good enough?  On this list I have
seen quite a number of objections and no real answers. If
testing list is going to be ignored then I do not see any
real reasons not to shut it down.

   Michal