GDM Greeter

David Boles dgboles at gmail.com
Wed May 7 22:50:16 UTC 2008

Michal Jaegermann wrote:
> On Wed, May 07, 2008 at 06:14:41PM -0400, David Boles wrote:
>> As I recall, and I could be wrong, this is a complete rewrite. And it is
>> part of the current 'new' GNOME. And the 'old one' would not work well or
>> at all.
>
> Oh, really?  Curiously enough it works pretty well for me.
> At this moment even gdm _binaries_ from F8 actually work.

I said that I could be wrong. It appears that I was. I did use the GDM from
Fedora 8 on my Rawhide for a while. Only because i missed the autologin
feature. Until I learned how to do it manually. If that does what you want and
how you want it that is what you should use.

>> All of this was announced and discussed and no one on the
>> development list objected.
>
> Filing bug reports is not good enough?  On this list I have
> seen quite a number of objections and no real answers. If
> testing list is going to be ignored then I do not see any
> real reasons not to shut it down.

I doubt that many of the developers have time to read anything posted here.
Most is really vague to start out and then drifts off to fishing stories.  ;-)

A bugzilla report goes directly to the right person. That was why I suggested it

As for "no real answers"? You got one. It is work in progress.

At the moment we are just generating traffic. You says it 'broken and wrong to
release' and I say what they say. Deal with it.

Both right in our own way and no changing of either mind.

So have a good day. I outa' here.
--

   David