USB cannot be read

Antonio M antonio.montagnani at gmail.com
Sun May 11 17:09:10 UTC 2008

2008/5/11 Dejan Čabrilo <dcabrilo at gmail.com>:
> > Why does the system set ro to USB disk??? I think that I should not
>  > change any setting by hand (as it was in the past...)
>
>  I had the same problem with an Mp3 player being detected as read-only
>  (not about permissions, but state of the device). Most likely the
>  cause is that your mp3 player is wrongly identified and you should
>  seek help (and report bug) with kernel usb developers.
>
>  dmesg after plugging it in should give you a clue.
>
>  --

usb 1-5: new high speed USB device using ehci_hcd and address 5
usb 1-5: New USB device found, idVendor=0402, idProduct=5661
usb 1-5: New USB device strings: Mfr=3, Product=1, SerialNumber=2
usb 1-5: Product: PLAYER
usb 1-5: Manufacturer: KEENHIGH
usb 1-5: SerialNumber: 00403000100000000642
usb-storage: device found at 5
usb-storage: waiting for device to settle before scanning

I tried with different kernels ( and I think that is not connected to
kernel, but something setting ro in mtab....I am running on Linux Casa
2.6.25-0.161.rc7.fc9 and I think that it was working with this kernel
in the past...

--
Antonio Montagnani
Skype : antoniomontag