openbox on fedora-release-9-2.

Scott Robbins scottro at nyc.rr.com
Mon May 12 18:22:50 UTC 2008

On Mon, May 12, 2008 at 11:34:40PM +0800, John Summerfield wrote:

> Scott Robbins wrote:

> >Openbox is fine, there are no bugs there that I've noticed. It comes
> >with a very small default menu, which may or may not consist of items
> >the user has installed. It has some default config files which are where
>
> Menu items that don't work seem like bugs to me. Especially when one of
> them appears to be its configuration tool.

Heh, I see your point.  However, in this case, I believe it would be an
Openbox bug rather than Fedora's.  Anyway, that openbox config thing
doesn't do very much, I think it gives a choice of themes.  Keys and
menu items are done by hand-editing xml files.

There is a fine line between bug and feature--for example, Openbox
deliberately dropped the toolbar when upgrading from 2 to 3 (or perhaps
somewhere in the 3.x series.)  I'd consider it a regression, but others
think it's a good thing.  <shrug>

--
Scott Robbins
PGP keyID EB3467D6

Anya: I swear, I am just trying to find my necklace.
Willow: Well, did you try looking inside the sofa in hell?