Here's what happened to xfwm4^H^H^H..^HThe problem with yum

John Summerfield debian at herakles.homelinux.org
Tue May 13 01:51:53 UTC 2008

Rahul Sundaram wrote:
> John Summerfield wrote:
>
>> I asked how I might have found xfce-desktop by myself (a much better
>> name I might add) and you said to read that.
>
> Yes, that's one way to find out. If you don't like that answer, that's
> tough luck.
>
>> As I've already noted, "hidden" does not show it, it's not a hidden
>> package so far as I could see, but identified by different tags.
>
> File a RFE I guess.

Okay, let's discuss what to ask Seth for:-)

I'm thinking "hidden" should not affect whether to show xfce-desktop,
it's not set to hidden.

I do think that yum should be able to list everything that is
installable, so if everything identified in <id>...</id> is installable,
and everything in <name>...</name> is installable and everything in
<alias> ...</alias> (assuming it exists, someone hinted at an alias) is
installable, then yum should be able to list it.

When I listed "hidden" the list was rather long, and some groups less
interesting than others. For example, the language support packages
would only be interesting if you wanted to see those specifically.

In my response to Seth, I suggested a visibility index might help, and I
think it might, but is that the best solution to the problem, a too-long
list?

--

Cheers
John