No sound from Flash

Patrick O'Callaghan pocallaghan at gmail.com
Tue May 13 14:09:16 UTC 2008

On Tue, 2008-05-13 at 09:50 -0400, Christopher L Tubbs II wrote:
> Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:
> > On Mon, 2008-05-12 at 21:40 -0700, Leslie Satenstein wrote:
> >> Use alacarte to enable the gui interface to volume control.
> >>  Move the sliders to the maximum.
> >
> > I seem to remember alacarte is a Gnome thing. Don't assume people use
> > Gnome unless they say so. I use KDE.
> [snip]
>
> On a side note, since GNOME is the default desktop environment for
> Fedora releases, it's probably safe to assume they DO use GNOME unless
> stated otherwise.

A week or two ago I suggested that Fedora should be described as a Gnome
distro that also supports KDE (in response to someone who asked if KDE
was a "second-class citizen" on Fedora). This seemed to upset a lot of
people, especially those who are investing a lot of their time and
energy into supporting KDE on Fedora, so I've been making a point of
bringing it up when it seems appropriate. Sorry if it's annoying.

In fact whenever it seems relevant to my question I do mention that I'm
in KDE (it would be nice if Gnome users did the same but only some do),
however in the specific context of my original post on the Flash problem
there wasn't a GUI issue at stake.

poc