preupgrade 0.9.3-2.fc8 failing F8->F9

Michael H. Warfield mhw at WittsEnd.com
Wed May 14 18:37:30 UTC 2008

Thought I would try out preupgrade but it doesn't seem to be working.
Seems to hang near the end with these messages in the terminal window
from where I ran it:

[root at canyon /]# preupgrade
 * anaconda-upgrade: mirrors.reflected.net
 * anaconda-upgrade: mirrors.reflected.net
No package matched to remove
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/share/preupgrade/preupgrade-gtk.py", line 198, in on_assistant_apply
    self._do_main()
  File "/usr/share/preupgrade/preupgrade-gtk.py", line 206, in _do_main
    self.main_preupgrade()
  File "/usr/share/preupgrade/preupgrade-gtk.py", line 349, in main_preupgrade
    self.pu.retrieve_treeinfo()
  File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/preupgrade/__init__.py", line 390, in retrieve_treeinfo
    raise PUError, "Cannot find any kernel/initrd section for this arch in treeinfo"
preupgrade.PUError: Cannot find any kernel/initrd section for this arch in treeinfo
[root at canyon /]# uname -a
Linux canyon.wittsend.com 2.6.24.5-85.fc8 #1 SMP Sat Apr 19 12:39:34 EDT 2008 i686 i686 i386 GNU/Linux

	None of the buttons are highlighted and the progress bar was totally
stalled all night.  All I can do is kill the window.

	System is a Thinkpad t60p laptop.

	Mike