*** glibc detected *** /usr/bin/python: double free or corruption (out): 0xbfc49750 ***

Antonio Olivares olivares14031 at yahoo.com
Fri May 16 22:29:48 UTC 2008

--- Antonio Olivares <olivares14031 at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Dear all,
>
> Upon reswitching from Fedora 9 back to rawhide on
> one
> of the machines, I get the following:
>
> I am tempted to go back to Fedora 9 and disable
> fedora.rawhide to try and fix this.  What should I
> do
> to fix this If I am to continue running rawhide.
> When
> booting the machine, it hung when loading cups
> daemon,
> I started the machine in level 1 and removed it from
> starting up using chkconfig cups off.
>
> [root at localhost ~]# yum update -y
> Loaded plugins: refresh-packagekit, refresh-updatesd
> *** glibc detected *** /usr/bin/python: double free
> or
> corruption (out): 0xbfc49750 ***
> ^C
>
> TIA,
>
> Antonio
>

> --

[root at localhost ~]# rpm -qa glibc*
glibc-common-2.8.90-1.i386
glibc-devel-2.8.90-1.i386
glibc-2.8.90-1.i686
glibc-headers-2.8.90-1.i386
[root at localhost ~]# yum clean all
Loaded plugins: refresh-packagekit, refresh-updatesd
Cleaning up Everything
[root at localhost ~]# yum clean metadata
Loaded plugins: refresh-packagekit, refresh-updatesd
0 metadata files removed
0 sqlite files removed
0 metadata files removed
[root at localhost ~]# yum update
Loaded plugins: refresh-packagekit, refresh-updatesd
*** glibc detected *** /usr/bin/python: double free or
corruption (out): 0xbfd8a8a0 ***

Killed
[root at localhost ~]#

I did a killall -9 yum