avahi exclusion principle

Michael Wiktowy michael.wiktowy at gmail.com
Sun May 18 08:15:49 UTC 2008

On Sun, May 18, 2008 at 4:04 AM, Kevin Kofler <kevin.kofler at chello.at> wrote:
> Michael Wiktowy <michael.wiktowy <at> gmail.com> writes:
>> avahi-0.6.17-1.fc7.i386
>
> That version of the avahi RPM had a broken %postun script. Use:
> rpm -e --noscripts avahi-0.6.17-1.fc7
> to get rid of it.

Thanks. I discovered that broken script. It stopped 'package-cleanup
--cleandupes' from doing its thing but was no match for 'yum remove
avahi-0.6.17-1.fc7.i386'.

After a 'yum reinstall avahi-0.6.22-10.fc9.i386' things seem no worse
off than previously and might be better ... at least I might be closer
to my available sftp machines showing up in "Network". Still not there
yet ...

/Mike