Prep for F7 EOL Closure + Other BugZapper News

John Poelstra poelstra at redhat.com
Wed May 21 19:26:08 UTC 2008

We want to move more of the processes (like the one below) out to the
wider bug triage community so that all the bug zappers have a view into
what we are doing on the infrastructure front.

I'm open for ways we should do this... maybe the time has come for our
own mailing list?  Attendance at our IRC meetings has been thin and I'm
not sure why that is.  I'm open to suggestions and constructive
criticism on how we should do meetings differently.

Below is a draft of the ticket I'm going to file with Red Hat
Engineering Operations (aka Eng Ops) to auto-close Fedora 7 bugs when it
goes EOL in a few weeks.  Now my secret is out... this is "the bot"
everyone loves ;-)

If you have any proposed changes to the text please reply to the list by
2008-05-26 and then I'll transfer the final version to the wiki and file
with Eng Ops.

Thanks for reading,
John

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Request Title: Fedora 7 EOL Bug Closing
Date to run: On or after June 15, 2008

Query to select bugs: http://tinyurl.com/3osskh

User making changes & comments: fedora-triage-list at redhat.com
Please script changes such that only ONE email notification is sent for
all changes.

Actions to take on all bugs selected in query above:
1) Change bug status to CLOSED:WONTFIX
2) Add the following comment:

=== START ====

Fedora 7 went to end-of-life status on June 13, 2008.  Fedora 7 will no
longer maintained or receive updates. As a result we are closing this bug.

If you can reproduce this bug against a currently maintained version of
Fedora please feel free to reopen thus bug against that version.

Thank you for reporting this bug and we are sorry it could not be fixed.