Rawhide glitchless pulse audio connection refused

Clyde E. Kunkel clydekunkel7734 at cox.net
Wed May 21 19:37:50 UTC 2008

Tom London wrote:
> On Wed, May 21, 2008 at 8:22 AM, Clyde E. Kunkel
<snip>
> It should be
> #load-module module-default-device-restore
>
> tom
[kunkelc at P5K-EWIFI ~]$ alsamixer
*** PULSEAUDIO: Unable to connect: Connection refused
*** Is your sound server running?
*** See: http://www.pulseaudio.org/wiki/Troubleshooting

alsamixer: function snd_ctl_open failed for default: Connection refused
[kunkelc at P5K-EWIFI ~]$ pulseaudio -D
[kunkelc at P5K-EWIFI ~]$ alsamixer
*** PULSEAUDIO: Unable to connect: Connection refused
*** Is your sound server running?
*** See: http://www.pulseaudio.org/wiki/Troubleshooting

alsamixer: function snd_ctl_open failed for default: Connection refused
[kunkelc at P5K-EWIFI ~]$ cat /etc/pulse/default.pa | grep device-restore
#load-module module-default-device-restore
[kunkelc at P5K-EWIFI ~]$ pulseaudio -vvv -D
I: main.c: We're in the group 'pulse-rt', allowing real-time and
high-priority scheduling.
I: main.c: setrlimit(RLIMIT_NICE, (31, 31)) failed: Operation not permitted
I: main.c: setrlimit(RLIMIT_RTPRIO, (9, 9)) failed: Operation not permitted
I: core-util.c: Successfully gained nice level -11.
I: main.c: Giving up CAP_NICE
I: main.c: Daemon startup successful.