mysql type_float.reject

Tom Lane tgl at redhat.com
Sat May 31 22:48:27 UTC 2008

Jesse Keating <jkeating at redhat.com> writes:
> On Sat, 2008-05-31 at 17:35 -0400, Tom Lane wrote:
>> Upstream bug 26914 claims this only occurs with Intel's IA64 compiler,
>> which I don't consider a supported target for the Fedora build.

> There is an active Fedora ia64 project who are preparing an F9 release
> right now.  Please don't write off ia64 issues.

You didn't read what I wrote?  It's the compiler that's at issue here,
not the hardware.  I have spent many hours already on mysql's IA64
issues for RHEL, and am perfectly happy to hear that Fedora will be
extended to that hardware --- but not to hear that I'm supposed to make
it work on a brand-X compiler.

			regards, tom lane