possible evdev issue?

Michal Jaegermann michal at harddata.com
Sun Nov 9 17:06:18 UTC 2008

On Sun, Nov 09, 2008 at 10:21:51AM -0430, Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:
> On Sat, 2008-11-08 at 22:16 -0700, Michal Jaegermann wrote:
> >
> > In general "the console owner", and with a remote login you are
> > surely not in that category, is able to do various things not
> > permitted to others.
>
> I guess that makes sense. It's a shame it's not documented though.

Try the folowing README from what will show up if you will type
'rpm -qd ConsoleKit':
-----------------------

What is ConsoleKit?
===================

ConsoleKit is a framework for defining and tracking users, login
sessions, and seats.

What is a seat?
===============

A seat is a collection of sessions and a set of hardware (usually at
least a keyboard and mouse).  Only one session may be active on a
seat at a time.

What is a session?

A session is a collection of all processes that originate from a single
common ancestor and retain knowledge of a secret.  As an implementation
detail, this secret may be stored in the process environment by the
login manager under the name XDG_SESSION_COOKIE.

More Information