Problem setting up wired networking

Scott Robbins scottro at nyc.rr.com
Fri Nov 14 00:21:48 UTC 2008

On Thu, Nov 13, 2008 at 12:34:01PM -0600, Mike Chambers wrote:

> I would do as Jesse stated, and get the live-cd and use it and see if
> doing it from scratch works and then compare files/settings to get the
> installed working.  Or to file bugs if it still doesn't?

Just a note on this, both myself and one other fellow, on the Apsire
one, which is what I believe Anne is using, found that for some reason,
the LiveCD wouldn't connect properly (with NM or without) to a WPA2
network.  An install and quick update fixed the issue--also, this was at
least a month ago, so if there's a newer kernel in the current live CD,
the results might be different.

In the very early 2.6.27 kernels, the ath5k was giving some people
(though not me) problems.
Ubuntu still has it blacklisted by default, I believe.  (Judging from
Aspire One forums.)

--
Scott Robbins
PGP keyID EB3467D6

Xander: The band, yeah. They're great. They march.
Willow: Like an army. Except with music, instead of bullets, and
usually no one dies.