Problem setting up wired networking

Jesse Keating jkeating at redhat.com
Fri Nov 14 16:57:04 UTC 2008

On Fri, 2008-11-14 at 12:11 +0100, A.J. Werkman wrote:

> At the moment I would advocate for a user choice NM/network-service at
> least until the moment that NM will be able to perform all the tasks
> network service does/did with the same level of quality and without the
> need to post configure. In fact I would be happy to always have the
> clear choice between configuring parameters myself and letting my
> computer decide what it thinks is best.

Asking users questions like this is just silly.  They're not going to
understand the difference enough to make an informed decision, and if
they did, they'd be informed enough to do the very very simple steps to
disable NetworkManager in favor of the legacy network service.  It takes
very few lines in a kickstart %post to do it.

--
Jesse Keating
Fedora -- Freedom² is a feature!