NetworkManager connection to encrypted Wireless Network

Scott Robbins scottro at nyc.rr.com
Fri Nov 14 22:09:09 UTC 2008

On Fri, Nov 14, 2008 at 07:35:41PM +0000, Anne Wilson wrote:

> Ah - a thought.  I have Mandriva on a usb pen-drive.  I'll try it and see if
> there is any success,  I don't know whether the kernel will be recent enough
> though, as that is Mandriva 2008.1.
>
> I'll let you know if I get anything useful.

I think 2008 was using MadWifi and 2009 is using ath5k.  (Mepis,
however, still uses MadWifi)

All my KDE wireless troubles were only with that AR5007EG card.  It will
be interesting to see if it works perfectly for you on the Acer.
(Although, as previously mentioned, it works for most people
apparently.)

--
Scott Robbins
PGP keyID EB3467D6

Oz: Looks dead, smells dead, yet it's moving around. That's
interesting.