Problem setting up wired networking

Scott Robbins scottro at nyc.rr.com
Mon Nov 17 16:14:28 UTC 2008

On Mon, Nov 17, 2008 at 03:32:30PM +0000, Anne Wilson wrote:
> On Friday 14 November 2008 00:21:48 Scott Robbins wrote:

> > Just a note on this, both myself and one other fellow, on the Apsire
> > one, which is what I believe Anne is using, found that for some reason,
> > the LiveCD wouldn't connect properly (with NM or without) to a WPA2
> > network.  An install and quick update fixed the issue--also, this was at
> > least a month ago, so if there's a newer kernel in the current live CD,
> > the results might be different.
> >
> I meant to ask, at the time, what you meant by "An install and quick update
> fixed the issue"

I'm sorry, mental shorthand as usual.
That is, we tried the liveCD.  We then installed from the liveCD and ran
(using the wired ethernet, which worked for us) yum update.

When that was done, the newer kernel (and possibly other updated
programs) enabled us to use our wireless cards.

--
Scott Robbins
PGP keyID EB3467D6

Cordelia: Buffy, these men are rich, and I am not being
shallow. Think of all the
poor people I could help with all my money.