Can NM complete before login?

Jesse Keating jkeating at redhat.com
Tue Nov 18 21:25:17 UTC 2008

On Tue, 2008-11-18 at 12:59 +0000, Timothy Murphy wrote:
> I recall reading recently that an update of NM
> was going to allow WiFi connection to be established
> before login (which is what I would like).
>
> Am I correct in my recollection?
> If so, how exactly does one configure NM to do this?

Here is some info from the author (it's a bit terse, have I mentioned
that he could use some help with documentation?):

Short answer is, you can use the keyfile plugin to do so, since we
haven't figured out the ifcfg mess yet.

Edit /etc/NetworkManager/nm-system-settings.conf, and add ",keyfile" to
the end of the "plugins=" line.  Then 'killall -TERM
nm-system-settings', and you should be able to make system-wide
connections in the connection editor just by checking the "Make
available to all users" checkbox.

This work work a lot better with the updates I'm about to request get
tagged into F10 :)
</endquote>

--
Jesse Keating