gspca modules in FC10

Peter Robinson pbrobinson at gmail.com
Wed Nov 19 19:17:27 UTC 2008

>> On Wed, 2008-11-19 at 13:52 +0100, Benjamín Valero Espinosa wrote:
>> > Since I updated to FC10 Rawhide the webcam in my laptop doesn't work.
>> > In FC9 it worked thanks to the gspca modules in Livna repository, so I
>> > have been expecting them to appear in RPMFusion. I have read that this
>> > functionality has been inserted in the kernel, but of course I have
>> > the last kernel updated and I can't make it work. Please, any info?
>>
>> http://hansdegoede.livejournal.com/6317.html
>
> I have followed the instructions of this link, using the package in the
> repository (0.5.3-1) and it doesn't work. I have run 'Cheese' from a
> terminal, and I get that error on and on:
>
> libv4l2: error dequeuing buf: Error de entrada/salida
>
> I don't know if it's useful, but I have run 'dmesg' (after Cheese) and it
> show a lot of lines at the end like that:
>
> gspca: frame overflow 615378 > 614400

Cheese uses gstreamer for the video input which already supports
libv4l so if its supported it should just work. It would probably be
worth while opening a bug against libv4l with all the details of the
make/model of your webcam, adding details of the dmesg output of your
camera and attaching a lsusb output as well. I know he has around 20
odd variants of cameras but there's all sorts of differences.

Peter