nis + dnslookup => glibc crash

Charlie Brej fedora-test-list at brej.org
Tue Nov 25 19:41:55 UTC 2008

I haven't dug very deep but I am getting crashes in all applications that do dns
lookups while ypbind is running. The backtraces point the crash somewhere in glibc.
This happens when hosts in nsswitch is set to look at nis before looking up dns
"hosts:      files nis dns".

If I reorder the line to look up dns before nis them it works fine as nis is
never accessed. Also shutting down ypbind also makes the crashes stop.

I can get more info tomorrow morning (GMT). (Unfortunately I can't log into that
machine from home now as I screwed something up)