SHA1SUM Inconsistent results

Clyde E. Kunkel clydekunkel7734 at cox.net
Wed Nov 26 14:48:07 UTC 2008

Eric Sandeen wrote:
> Clyde E. Kunkel wrote:
>> Any reason why sha1sum returns a different result each time it is run
>> against my downloaded release DVD iso of i386 FC10?  None match the
>> downloaded SHA1SUM list.  Downloaded the DVD via bittorrent.  File is on
>> an ext3 LV and OS is rawhide up-to-date.
>>

> You sure the torrent is done downloading? :)  Had to ask...
>
> -Eric

Well, it said it was and I had even thought about that and double
checked.  But even then, with no torrent running, why the inconsistent
results?  Same today after a reboot.

I did a wget of the file from a different mirror and sha1sum is correct
on this one.  Not blaming the mirror, just noting facts. I noticed
sha1sum ran longer on the torrent version, so maybe something about the
file structure, however I ran a fsck and it was ok.

I guess this one will just have to be one of those unexplainable things.
  Tho I do dislike those.