Can't enable dhcpd - Fedora 10

Tom Horsley tom.horsley at att.net
Thu Nov 27 02:41:30 UTC 2008

On Wed, 26 Nov 2008 15:12:25 -0800
Chuck Forsberg WA7KGX N2469R <caf at omen.com> wrote:

> I started dhcpd with "service dhcpd restart" with the conf
> file from Fedora 9 and client computers seem able to
> get their dhcp addresses again.

If you are using NetworkManager rather than network, then
(the last time I looked, anyway), dhcpd can't start correctly
because there is no interface actually up for it to decide to
talk to (at least that was the state the last time I tried
to use NetworkManager - the first thing I do on any install
these days is disable NetworkManager and enable network - God
help servers the day redhat decides to do away with network :-).

You can start it manually later because the network is up
by then.