VIA Chrome 9 chips no worky

Nikolay Vladimirov nikolay at vladimiroff.com
Thu Nov 27 07:35:04 UTC 2008

2008/11/26 Marcus D. Leech <mleech at ripnet.com>:
> I've filed bug 473117 about problems installing F10 (or F9) on an Everex
> VA1500V, which uses a VIA Chrome 9 series
>  video chipset.
>
> Has anyone else had any problem doing an install on a system with a VIA
> Chrome 9 chipset?
>
> --
> Marcus Leech
> Principal Investigator, Shirleys Bay Radio Astronomy Consortium
> http://www.sbrac.org
>
> --

I had some dreadful experience with VIA K8M890( integrated on Amilo la1703).
Both vesa and openchrome drivers don't work. I did managed to get
openchrome working
but the whole system is painfully slow and unstable.

http://www.openchrome.org/trac/ticket/258
I filed this for ubuntu but it's the same when I tried a fedora
rawhide install one week ago.

--
NV