PulseAudio info needed

Aioanei Rares schaiba at gmail.com
Thu Nov 27 13:12:58 UTC 2008

On Thu, Nov 27, 2008 at 3:06 PM, Bryn M. Reeves <bmr at redhat.com> wrote:

> Anne Wilson wrote:
>
>> There is a lot of FUD and general mistrust of PA.  It seems to me that it
>> would help a great deal if someone would write a short statement about what
>> PA is and how it should work.  If there is known readable references, they
>> would help too, as would noting any known work-arounds for problem.
>>
>> It would be a great help to those of us who try to give user support.  I'd
>> even put it on my own web space and direct folk to it, if that would help.
>>

> There's a lot of good information on the PulseAudio project pages
> themselves:
>
> http://www.pulseaudio.org/wiki/AboutPulseAudio
> http://www.pulseaudio.org/wiki/FirstSteps
> http://www.pulseaudio.org/wiki/PerfectSetup
> http://www.pulseaudio.org/wiki/FAQ
>
> Maybe someone would be interested in summarising some of this and adding
> Fedora-specifics on the Fedora wiki to make it a bit less intimidating for
> novice users?
>
> Regards,
> Bryn.
>
> --

I think documentation would be great, but what really intimidates novices is
the fact that
PA, in a lot of scenarios, simply doesn't work (at all or as expected) and
many don't stay and
fiddle with the settings or whatnot, they just switch to another distro. So
the first step
is to make an audio system that works ok, then document it.
--
Aioanei Rares
schaiba at fedoraproject.org
"China is a big country, inhabited by many Chinese." --Charles de Gaulle