NFS installation issue (minor)

Scott Robbins scottro at nyc.rr.com
Fri Nov 28 18:16:57 UTC 2008

On Fri, Nov 28, 2008 at 09:27:33AM -0600, Mike Chambers wrote:
> On Thu, 2008-11-27 at 11:21 -0500, Scott Robbins wrote:
> > For years now, I've just stuck an iso file into an exported NFS
> > directory and installed with it.
> > I tried that today and got the dreaded Directory could not be mounted
> > from server message.
>
> I do NFS installs via dvd iso and until F10, did the same and it just
> worked with no options.  I can still get it done, but with one
> option/parameter used at boot.
>
> askmethod

Nope that didn't do it either.

> If you use that, you can set your static IP, nfs info and the like (the
> old way sort of, if you will), and it will go about it's business from
> there using the GUI.

I was using the netinstall.iso on a USB stick, so it gave me that dialog
anyway.  However, I did try again, adding askmethod to see if it would
make any difference.

It's not a major issue as I said, because if I mount it with all the
options specified in the install guide's appendix, it will work.

Of course, since you're saying it works for you the old way, it does
make me wonder if it's one of those JustMe issues. (Or perhaps the
netinstall works differently than booting from CD 1, but I'm a bit too
lazy to try that one out. )

--
Scott Robbins
PGP keyID EB3467D6

Xander: Well, yeah. I'd give anything to be able to turn
invisible. I wouldn't use my powers to beat people up, but use
my powers to protect the girl's locker room.